Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Speakerman57's house/museum
Speakerman57's house/museum [message #39082] Sat, 16 November 2002 19:54 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Went to visit Ron the Speakerman yesterday. We live about an hour apart.He's got literally hundreds of vintage components packed into his suburban split" 70's receivers, 50's tube amps, horns, horns and more horns, drivers cabinets. Wow.
And the guy is non-stop building systems for compensation and attenuation in his head as he's showing me this stuff; complete with cap and resistor configurations, cross-over points, etc.
He had just finished a refurbishing of Dynaco PAS3X and ST70 to beautiful condition. And beautiful to hear driving his Tent Sale 3677s cabinets with 2226j and 2418/2373 horns. My Paramours I brought along did nicely on them, too.
I have pictures of the 3 bedrooms, garage and basement stuffed with gear but haven't had time to edit yet. Soon.
If you don't know Speakerman57 yet, e-mail him. He doesn't get to the Forum much.
That's Ron on the right:

Thanks Ron, Sharon and Snowball the Wonderdog
Re: Speakerman57's house/museum [message #39083 is a reply to message #39082] Sat, 16 November 2002 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Thanks for posting the photo and your impressions. Sounds like a great time had by all!
Re: Speakerman57's house/museum [message #39085 is a reply to message #39082] Sun, 17 November 2002 04:17 Go to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi all,
Would like to thank Bill for his wonderful comments. I have to make one correction though, (sorry Bill), I have to give credit to Geoff my newly found friend for My Dynaco amp/preamp brought back to specs. I can't take credit for everything.
On another note, Mike W. from Columbus also stopped by Saturday with his Moth SET amp. I could not believe it, the best tubes were the "45's" at only 2 watts. Who would guess that 2 watts would give over 100db 6 ft away cleanly, and the amp was not even near clipping. I heard several Paramours (Bill's for one) and Moth is one bad-ass amp. My only complaint is the $$$, little too much for my budget. Big $$$ goes into my speakers first being my priority in this hobby.
I hope Bill can get the pic's posted, and everyone can overlook my messy house. I have been in major cleaning/rearranging project to get everything properly stored/inventoried.
Last note, Bill (TillE) is one hell of a nice guy, Sharon and I enjoyed his company and can't wait till he comes back again. Snowball would not leave him alone, she acted like she knew him all her life, and she is one of those dog's who is very picky of the company we keep.
I hope to have internet at home by 2003 so I can be regular contributor again. Keep the e-mails up though if anyone wants to talk to me. (rsemega@cols.disa.mil) I take my chances sneeking peeks on the forums at work.
Thanks,
Ron
Previous Topic: Narrow front baffle on 4Pi's
Next Topic: Anyone used the Selenium D3300TI comp. driver?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 06:28:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio