Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYBODY??????
western swing ain't dead! [message #38962 is a reply to message #38953] Fri, 08 November 2002 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
Been listening to Ray Benson and gang for many years. I was heartbroken to discover he was originally from Filthadelphia, but he made up for it by living in Paw Paw, WVA, and then finally moving to Austin :) Sam
Re: western swing ain't dead! [message #38963 is a reply to message #38962] Fri, 08 November 2002 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
Hi Sam,

Yeah I love this suff. (amoung others) It has a big full sound to it.
got any other recommendations? Mark Knopfler did an album as the notting hillbillies. that was pretty good too.

Bill

Re: WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYBODY?????? [message #38964 is a reply to message #38961] Fri, 08 November 2002 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
Well, the tent sale JBL 2245 eighteens are now in 8 cu ft cabs, courtesy of Dale Gernert (Robert G on the JBL forum) and he'll be delivering them next week. I'm psyched. I'll be going the bmar route, with 3115's set in horizontal mode on top of the sub cabs. That will represent my "compact" system; har!
My problem is the ROOM. I still don't have the right place for the big stuff. I've seriously been looking for someplace to rent just to put the system in; some good, big room not far from the house. Right now, there is an office in the warehouse down the road, where I will set things up for awhile to dial things in. Probably leave it there for a few months, free up space at home, and allow me to run down on lunch hours for some jams.
Dale is an interesting dude; I need to find out more of his background, but when it comes to JBL stuff, he's got the knowledge. He is on speaking terms with Greg Timbers, JBL designer who concocted JBL's flagship statement speakers over the years. (who knows, maybe he'll come to MAF.............) He confered with Greg on issues during the building of the subs. He is a bit of a perfectionist.
I went with the plain flat black utility cabs, since the rest of the stuff already looks that way. I'll add corners, grills, and casters, for my usual hybrid approach of home audio and pro audio. That when when next years backyard party needs extra low end oomph, out they come!!
Cigars? Hmmmmm, always try them, like some of them, don't like the 24 hr aftertaste.

Congratulations! [message #38967 is a reply to message #38961] Fri, 08 November 2002 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Congratulations on one year of not smoking!
Lima "π" section [message #38968 is a reply to message #38964] Fri, 08 November 2002 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Your 2245 subs are gonna be killer! When they're in 8-10 cubic feet tuned to 30Hz, they're my favorite subteranean source!!!

By the way, thanks for keeping me posted on the room situation in Lima. It would be great if you would arrange it so that the "π guys" were all grouped together. Except for Duemm. He'll be taunting us with those cigars! :-)))

Re: Lima "π" section [message #38969 is a reply to message #38968] Fri, 08 November 2002 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
I'm ready for a big fat cigar right now!
Well, here, there, and everywhere.... [message #38970 is a reply to message #38952] Fri, 08 November 2002 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Guys,

My Studio 2 Pi's and 1 Pi's are on hold while I work with Dave Cope on his Quasi Pi 3 ways with passive /active/ ? crossovers and Tads and JBL's and Eminence or now it's Tad C.drivers in Martinelli horns. Also, I'm rewiring an old Heathkit amp and playing with different coupling caps in the Paramours and wondering if I like the Alpha Core coils in the Theater 4's and buying the parts to scratch-build a Soul Sister preamp (killer)! Trouble is I haven't had a chance to really listen to music in a really relaxing way in weeks! Having fun, though. BTW, my wife just asked what I want for my birthday in a week! What do I say? any ideas? Hee Haw!

Garland

MikeBake; how do I make sure I get a room? [message #38971 is a reply to message #38968] Fri, 08 November 2002 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Fri and Saturday nite
Big full sound [message #38972 is a reply to message #38963] Fri, 08 November 2002 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuxmanLover is currently offline  LuxmanLover
Master
If your into a big full sound check out Big Sugar....there "Heated" cd is very rich. My personal fav.
Kelly
It's easy, guys! [message #38973 is a reply to message #38969] Fri, 08 November 2002 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
You're connected with THE MAN! Your wish is my command. Pi will rule a corner of the Wingate World.................
Previous Topic: 4pi Pro & Tubes
Next Topic: Pi-4 pros - pix!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 04:02:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout