Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » just starting
Hi Naris [message #38858 is a reply to message #38852] Mon, 28 October 2002 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Have you begun building your Pi Speakers yet?
Would I be out of line asking if you are having trouble getting the materials in another country as some others had? (I'm always intrigued by the reach of the internet)
What tools do you have?
All of us here would like nothing better than to answer your questions, but we need some of the above information from you.
Briefly, make the box to Wayne's outside dimensions with MDF, Particle Board, Plywood or locally grown hardwood glued up into the correct size panels. Just butt join them together. You can use white carpenters glue, polyurethane glue or even the Liquid Nails cited recently. Screw or nail the panels together until the glue is dry. Or if you have clamps/cramps, use both clamps and screws.
It's easier and safer to cut the circles in the baffles before you glue the baffle on the box. You have the 3 sizes from Wayne.
As you'll need to do a lot of work laying the speakers on their backs, wait to install the binding posts until you are ready to screw down the drivers.
Seal all the inside corners of the box with caulking.
Cut and fit braces inside the cabinet before attaching the baffle.Just make them a "hair" oversize, put glue on each end and push them into place. One horizontal and one vertical. They can be 3 or 4" wide and 3/4" thick. The box material is fine.
Then attach 3 to 4" thick fiberglass insulation, or wool or cotton batting to 3 of the inside walls. Finally, screw and glue down the baffle.
Install the speaker terminals, make the connections to the drivers and then attach the port and drivers to the baffle.
Play music.
Smile.
My website has pics of partially assembled 2Pi's, although my design is a little different.

Merry Pranks Website

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: A Couple of Speaker Building Tips
Next Topic: PiAlign question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 19:16:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations