Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne, how cool it is! (a 1 Pi story)
Wayne, how cool it is! (a 1 Pi story) [message #38850] Sat, 26 October 2002 11:16 Go to next message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
I work with a couple of guys that are about 11 years my junior and we all share the love of music. It came up that I am the resident audio nut so of course... Anyway, Joseph didn't have a big budget for home theater and it pains me to see music lovers stuck with consumer grade "noismaker of the moment" so I suggested 1Pi's all around, and a sub later on.

Joe ordered three kits for starters and it took a while for them to come together, but last night he brought them over to add the insulation and coils, and to hear them on my system which he knows well. Upon hearing them we all just looked at each other grinning. I told him before he ever ordered them that he would want a sub for sure, but Wayne, Damn that bass is good! Sure, they don't go real low, but above cuttoff they really do it! The scale, weight and eveness is silly at the asking price.

Joseph has also done a sloped and reshaped center channel to fire up from under the TV. (it fits in his Wega cabinet) The fronts will be rears when he orders his 2Pi Towers for mains.(I guess he likes the Pi's)

We will paint them semi gloss black with 8" solobaric grills (they look like the back of a jet engine) and ofcourse we'll post pics.

Wayne, I've always wanted to be able to offer an affordable speaker for folks with bills and real priorities. I am glad that you have. to be able to simply enjoy an audio system without having to be a rich gearhead shouldn't be so unlikely. After all, it is this younger audience that is so willing to enjoy and make use of it. (regardless of what I may think of some of the content)

Thanks from Joe, Todd and myself,
Thomas

Cool! [message #38851 is a reply to message #38850] Sat, 26 October 2002 12:08 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Thanks for your comments!
Previous Topic: Driver Escalation
Next Topic: A Couple of Speaker Building Tips
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 16:42:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio