Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Building 2pi Towers - Part 3 (rounding the clubhouse turn)
Building 2pi Towers - Part 3 (rounding the clubhouse turn) [message #38668] Wed, 16 October 2002 05:59 Go to next message
Fresno is currently offline  Fresno
Baron
Nearly done! Too bad I have to work for a living, this is taking a long time! I just have a little more painting to do and then I'll install the drivers and then the moment of truth will arrive.

2 Questions:

1. Is there any breakin period for the drivers?

2. Do I need to get the new inductor? Will the inductor reduce the efficiency of the speaker?

I'll list the final costs & hours when I am done.

Re: Building 2pi Towers - Part 3 (rounding the clubhouse turn) [message #38669 is a reply to message #38668] Wed, 16 October 2002 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I built some Two Pi's w/out the inductors and put them in later. I was very happy with the "before" sound, and figured I'd take 'em back out if I didn't think the sound improved. I left 'em in- thought it was an improvement. Not a big deal, but a little cleaner in the middle. I'm using a 60w/per Adcom power amp, didn't notice any practical difference in the efficiency, although I guess there's a small difference in theory.

Congrats on your project- I would not have attempted a mitred cabinet with hand tools! Hope you enjoy them.

Re: Building 2pi Towers - Part 3 (rounding the clubhouse turn) [message #38671 is a reply to message #38669] Wed, 16 October 2002 07:04 Go to previous message
Fresno is currently offline  Fresno
Baron
"I would not have attempted a mitred cabinet with hand tools! "

LOL. I don't know enough to know what can't (or shouldn't) be done.

Wood putty and foxhole prayers are my only hope in this project.

Previous Topic: Question for Wayne or others...re: hi freq. wood horns.
Next Topic: where do they store all the Pi speaker Photos?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 21:20:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio