Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » New Horns! 12" model
New Horns! 12" model [message #38454] Thu, 26 September 2002 15:55 Go to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
Hello Everyone,

I would like to say that available now is a new version from woodhorn.com.

This is a 12" horn as opposed to the Classic Horn that is 17".
The cut off for this horn is 1000hz. It's great if your cabinet design calls for something a little smaller.

This horn also has the X-Flare option which is a tractory curve at the edges of the mouth.

Thanks for looking,

Bill Martinelli

Sweet! Perfectly suitable for H290 retrofit! [message #38457 is a reply to message #38454] Thu, 26 September 2002 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Those are gorgeous!

Perfect as an upgrade substitute for H290's!

Wow! [message #38460 is a reply to message #38454] Thu, 26 September 2002 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
I don't even know what I will build to go with them yet, but I really want a pair of these. Are they about the same price as the 17" horns? As always, really nice work Bill.

Thomas

Re: New Horns! 12" model [message #38462 is a reply to message #38454] Fri, 27 September 2002 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D. Kurfman is currently offline  D. Kurfman
Chancellor
O.K. I'm in love. Every time I think I have this settled down, a new twist comes along.

Dan

Re: New Horns! YO Wayne. [message #38463 is a reply to message #38454] Fri, 27 September 2002 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D. Kurfman is currently offline  D. Kurfman
Chancellor
The original 12" Omega specs show a sharp dip @ 1.5k, the Delta a sharp peak @ 2k, and the Alpha has rising response plus a high QTS that makes it hard to put in a compact box. [Further, the specs seem to change daily.] I don't see where in your crossover document you really show how much the network really handles these issues. In an all Eminence solution using these new horns, where a compact solution would be desired with an exposed horn, what Eminence motor is going to give the smoothest transition through the crossover?

Dan

"+/- 3dB" [message #38465 is a reply to message #38463] Fri, 27 September 2002 12:16 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You're right that Alpha 12's and 15's need really big cabinets, such as is the case with the Thermionic Series speakers. And the Delta 15 in the Theater four and seven π speakers has a rise in response around 2kHz, but it's crossed over at 1.6kHz and there's a Zobel to smooth response there. The Theater three and six π's Delta 12LF is a nice, inexpensive motor that can be used in a small box.

You might also want to consider the Stage Series four or seven π, containing an Omega 15. Generally speaking, better motors cost more money so you can expect performance improvements from the more expensive offerings. In any event, remember that all drivers have response aberrations; If they're under 6dB then the response meets the criteria of being "flat +/-3dB."

Previous Topic: Wayne: 2 Pi Tower Speaker Plans, Please!
Next Topic: One Pi's are finished!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 07:38:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout