Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Question for Till E and or Wayne; What next?
Re: New fun things! [message #38421 is a reply to message #38407] Tue, 24 September 2002 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
vladimir4 is currently offline  vladimir4
Chancellor
Hi,
I'd like to ask one question on 2226 7Pi/4Pi.
I've already build 2Pi & 2Pi tower great price/performance dessigns, thanks Wayne :-)
Currently I have "hard time" to decide on the next project. I'm looking for more details, more presence bigger sound and deeper bass. I like the world of high efficiency and haven't constraints on enclosure volume so I wouldn't go back to consumer hifi.
My understanding is that theater 4Pi will meet those requirements, and that the professional 2226-version will add even more details and naturalness.
However, If I remember correctly, I've read that 2226 need at least 10W to fully express its qualities. My preference is to have details and full expression at moderate levels, I certainly want no play 97+dB speakers at 10W at my home :-) (My power amp gain is of 22k/680 = 33, can deliver 50W/8Ohm, and my attenuator is set to 1k/33k = 1/33, so I listen to no voltage amplified output from CD player ???).

Is thermionic or theater 4pi better option for my use, or is 2226 better sonically even if no played loud, say at ~1W ?
TIA,
vladimir

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message