Home » Audio » General » Bleeder Resistors
Bleeder Resistors [message #3835] Mon, 16 October 2006 22:34 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I know this has been covered about 1000 times (maybe more)and I posted this over on the Bottlehead site as well, but just wanting to see if using these particular clips with a bleeder resistor would be the way to go to discharge caps? Just solder in the resistor after cutting the lead wire and heatshrinking everything 2-3 times over the resistor leads and edge of the resistor? Oh, and don't touch the resistor or let it touch other things, I'm thinking, as the cap discharges.

Re: Bleeder Resistors [message #3836 is a reply to message #3835] Tue, 17 October 2006 09:30 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those look like the clips often used on oscilloscope and multimeters. Should work pretty well. One thing to think about though: If the voltage is high so that there is a bit of arcing as the connection is made, the clip leads might erode over time. There's not a lot of meat on clips like this. Alligator clips are more sizeable, but then again, that means it would be harder to get them connected in tight spaces.

Previous Topic: Wayne, have you been hacking?
Next Topic: Need info about locating a Twin-Coupled tube amp--kit or?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 00:42:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio