Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Horn - install in cabinet or not?
4Pi pro [message #38194 is a reply to message #38192] Thu, 05 September 2002 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
LuxmanLover is currently offline  LuxmanLover
Master
I can't comment on the sound of the horn on the outside vs the inside of the 4 pi's but I can tell you to wait till the horn is in your hand before you cut the hole! I went off of Eminence catalogue for the hole size and ended up having to make a spacer for inside the cabinet so the t-nuts would have something to stick into. The centerline of the bolt holes ended up being 1/8" from the cutout. If you use the H-290 I would make the hole 5 1/8 x 10 3/8. Also I'm not sure how it would impact the sound, but the flange on the H-290 is way thick, like 3/8", so I would also consider flushing it into the baffle to improve the esthetics of the unit. Hopefully Wayne will comment on that. Anyway....that's tonites project, hogging out the baffle, so please Wayne stop me if this is a bad plan. I'm hoping it's not cause it's my understanding that it improves the difracation of the high end when the tweeter is flushed in...hopefully this applies to horns as well.
Kelly

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Sub-Woofer cabinet
Next Topic: OT: How I Spent My Summer, by......
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 07:15:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio