Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi Subwoofer cabinet
Pi Subwoofer cabinet [message #38066] Tue, 27 August 2002 07:26 Go to next message
Zeno is currently offline  Zeno
Master
which is the best eminence driver for this cabinet?

Zeno

Re: Pi Subwoofer cabinet [message #38068 is a reply to message #38066] Tue, 27 August 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erik Johansson is currently offline  Erik Johansson
Viscount
I think (though there are certainly better Eminence drivers for the job out there) that a Delta-15 based sub would be very popular, given the popularity of the Theater Series 4 Pi. I'd love a pair of Delta-15 subs to put my 1 Pi speakers on. Maybe I would be satisfied with that and not having to build the Theater Fours?

That's a tip Wayne. I think such subs would be popular (and a REALLY good bang for the buck!) for your smaller Pi speakers. I love the looks of these cabinets. Would love 'em designed for the Delta-15!

The more I think of it the better it seems... It would be REALLY affordable!

It should also perform better than the Studio Series Tower 2 Pi right (Delta-15 LF-cabinets with my 1 Pi speakers on top)?

/Erik

Re: Pi Subwoofer cabinet [message #38072 is a reply to message #38068] Tue, 27 August 2002 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'd pick the Magnum 18LF as my first choice, with the Kilomax 18A and Omega 18A as second and third. The Delta 15A and Delta Pro 15 will work well in this cabinet too, just cut the woofer mounting hole smaller. They'll give you great sound for the money.

Re: Pi Subwoofer cabinet [message #38076 is a reply to message #38072] Tue, 27 August 2002 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erik Johansson is currently offline  Erik Johansson
Viscount
I'd love the plans! The reason I asked for a version designed for the Delta-15 is SIZE. Your sub cabinets are HUGE and could be a potential problem in the future (not now though).

The alternative would be to build the Theater Fours minus the compression drivers and horns to have the option of upgrading in the future. They wouldn't look as good as your sub cabinets though.

/Erik

You've got mail! [message #38077 is a reply to message #38076] Tue, 27 August 2002 12:26 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: Corner horn flare on 7 pi
Next Topic: Port Size 4-pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 04 18:32:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers