Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Active X user's, system set up
Have you used the paramatric EQ's??? [message #37993 is a reply to message #37987] Thu, 22 August 2002 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Hamel is currently offline  Robert Hamel
Viscount
Hello Bill

I am very curious about it too. Looks like a great deal. I am thinking I can use the 3 parametric EQ's to notch out the worst room modes like the Infinity Rabos subs from my powered subs as well as EQ for my mains. With 3 per channel you could get the worst 2 amd still have a one open. I have wanted a 1/3 RTA for a long time but was always to pricey. This looks like a steal! Is it noisy through the 1/4?? I won't be running balanced either.

Re: It works well [message #38001 is a reply to message #37993] Thu, 22 August 2002 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master

You can definitely make your system sound better using the EQ on this.
It also lets you set right and left channels independently from one and other. Its a very nice unit and you cant beat it for the money. It's really a good deal.

I found that using adaptors like an RCA to 1/4" was really bad. I may have had bad ones but I was surprised by this. Get a cable that RCA on one end and 1/4" on the other. This will help.

It is really pretty quiet. I would describe the noise I'm getting as similar to the hiss you hear from compression drivers. It's not as loud as that though. and you certainly cant hear this unless your head is in the speaker. This could also be something related to my system.

hope this helps,

Bill

Thanks!!!!nt [message #38006 is a reply to message #38001] Thu, 22 August 2002 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Hamel is currently offline  Robert Hamel
Viscount
nt
I love the smell of solder in the morning, [message #38025 is a reply to message #37985] Fri, 23 August 2002 12:39 Go to previous message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
"it smells like victory". Or at least when I finish assembling the XM9 kit that just arrived, I will have saved enough via DIY to justify looking at the 8024 dsp again. The ironic part is I have LOVED listening to the quasi-4 Pi Pro's running off a vintage pioneer integrated amp(40wpc) for a couple of weeks now with the passive xovers, and "tone defeat" engaged. Even nicer with +5dB at 50Hz. for low end extension.
Oh yeah, Phil's kit looks great, the enclosure is HEAVY ga. metal, nice silkscreening, was bummed about one set of opamps coming from mal, and one set from ch...till I found the tube with the higher performance ones, they all match for lot#.
The extra opamps will let me graft in a clone of Rane's delay circuit for the LP outputs later... Sam
Previous Topic: JBL EBS alignment?????
Next Topic: Tweaking speaker cabinet size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 23:14:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout