Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » I'm cuttin' them loose (long)
I'm cuttin' them loose (long) [message #37785] Tue, 13 August 2002 11:32
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
Fellow Pi-ers,
I recently emailed Wayne:

Wayne,

I built a set of Theater 4s, maybe I should call them quasi Theater 4s because I didn’t follow the enclosure plans exactly.

I love the sound, but find myself wanting the bigger bass that I hear at live concerts. I’d like to sell these and buy the Premium Stage 4 kits which will build small enough to use with a pair of subs, but am not sure how to go about it as the design is really yours. I have three questions:

1. Can I call them Theater 4 Pis? Box quality isn’t quite Caine & Caine quality, but is very good none the less, lots of bracing, T-nuts, duct-seal damping on horns and baskets etc. Got pictures of the build. I can’t find the decals that I carefully put away until they were finished, but assume that can be rectified.

2. Can I suggest the sale on the Forum? I live in western Mass. and shipping these babies would, ah, suck.

3. What price? I don’t want to compete or cause you to lose a sale because of something you gave freely, but want to make enough for a couple of kits (or trade for same) and a couple of sheets of ply.

Thank you very much,
John Lapaire
Jlapaire@barnesaero.com

He replied: (exerpt)

Hi John!
Call ‘em “quasi-four Pi’s” or “tower-four Pi’s” and - Sure - You can post them on the forum. I think it would be great if you would copy-and-paste the letter, or something very near to it so that others would see what you’re trying to do.
As for price, I’m thinking something like $1000.00-$1500.00 a pair. I dunno - Your finish looks great and so they are probably worth this and more. Then again, you’re right about shipping.
As for subs, you might start on ‘em while you’re doing this. If you could find some 2245’s, you could make some really sweet subs. They’d work well with your Quasi-fours and they’re also really great with Stage or Professional four Pi’s. So that’s a win-win combination.
Good luck with it, and thanks for writing!
Wayne

These things are so alive sounding that I want to go the next mile. I just can't fit them AND big subs. They're birch ply, ported in back. If you'd like them, I'd rather drive them somewhere reasonably close than ship them or do ebay.

Sooo, that's the scoop. I really want only to cover the cost of parts of the Premium Stage 4s and the wood.

Regards,
John

Previous Topic: Where do they go?
Next Topic: 2Pi question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 28 18:24:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers