Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Which Pi should I choose?
Which Pi should I choose? [message #37683] Wed, 07 August 2002 06:17 Go to next message
BandW is currently offline  BandW
Esquire
Hello, Wayne,

I'm going to build my system. The NAD C740 is on its way. Here is some of my information: LR is 14X17X6.5(H); the C740 ( I know it won't be a tube amp) only has a 35W output. My question would be that which one of your Pi speakers would get loud with my C740 and is appropriate to my LR? It sounds the Studio two Pi is a good choice. What about the Theater four Pi, is it too big? Will all your speaker be magnetic shielded, or how can I do that? My major concern is the cabinet. Living in apartment, it will be hard for me to make it by myself. Also, the budget is always kept in my mind. Thanks.

BTW, after reading recent post on the forum, it is really great so many people are happy with Pi. Actually, I have been searching web for a kit for several weeks. Your Pi website gave me the most information. Thanks. Wayne.

Yalei

two π vs four π [message #37688 is a reply to message #37683] Wed, 07 August 2002 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Either the two π or the four π will satisfy, but the two speakers aren't really in the same league. The four π is much larger and more powerful. It is more efficient and has much higher total output potential.

But don't interpret this as a dismissal of the two π speaker. It has great response and is an excellent speaker, particularly for the price.

Re: Which Pi should I choose? [message #37689 is a reply to message #37683] Wed, 07 August 2002 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I haven't heard the 2Pi's but I'm sure..........

My Theater Four Pi's would play stupid loud in there with 35 watts.

Is your Living room ceiling really only 6.5 feet? That makes a lot less cu ft'ge to fill with sound and the 95dB 2's should get really loud.And the NAD has a just slightly forward mid-range (a hallmark) that means you won't crank it up as much as another 35 watt amp.
Besides, us apartment dwellers learn to appreciate quality over quantity.
None of the Pi's are shielded but I have JBL 2226's and ???? comp drivers about 24" away from my TV with no effect on the picture. Any closer and it's Fantasia. Remember how you used to get really stoned and take a magnet........never mind!

Re: Which Pi should I choose? [message #37698 is a reply to message #37689] Thu, 08 August 2002 06:46 Go to previous message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
And Till, are you building the 7's?
Previous Topic: bi-amp bargain
Next Topic: quick question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 07:50:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio