Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theatre 4 Pi's+75 so-so watts+asphalt paving= ?
Theatre 4 Pi's+75 so-so watts+asphalt paving= ? [message #37669] Tue, 06 August 2002 14:25 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
What a day off! They're re-paving the parking lot 10 feet beyond my L.R. window and the Paramours are up on blocks with wires hanging off everywhere.
So of course I took the Outlaw from the H.T. and hooked it up to the CDP and Pi's.
Now I know from my own experiments that the Outlaw receiver is pretty typically solid state sounding, i.e. harder edged in the mids and treble than tube stuff I've had/have.
But now I can report that those 75 watts allow the Pi's, on great dynamic range music like the Telarc Holst and Boito Mefistofele, a lot of detail can be heard over the sounds of 12 wheel 30 foot International dumpers pulling Mauldin 690E asphalt paving bins with dual crank leveling.
Even on the occasional 105 dB peak, the old-lady-next-door didn't pound on the wall with her walker even once!

Re: Theatre 4 Pi's+75 so-so watts+asphalt paving= ? [message #37674 is a reply to message #37669] Tue, 06 August 2002 19:51 Go to previous message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
Didn't know you had some Outlaw stuff. I went with a Klipsch ProMedia DD 5.1 pre/processor instead of an outlaw 950............especially since I had the amps already...............
Works great.
It's fun to overcome ambient noise with your system, ain't it? Even when it's a heavy-duty racket from a paving outfit.
Previous Topic: what speakers do i have??!!
Next Topic: Measuring coils
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 02:01:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout