Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » questions about one-pi speaker
questions about one-pi speaker [message #37132] Tue, 02 July 2002 06:42 Go to next message
anthony is currently offline  anthony
Esquire
Hello,

I am seriously contemplating buying the one-pi speakers, but I have several questions first. The reason that I am considering these speakers is because I am looking for a high-output, low distortion, dynamic sounding speaker to be used primarily for rock music and sometimes movies. Originally, I was considering purchasing some Klipsch speakers (see link) but I was advised on the Madisound board to check out this site first. How do the one-pi speakers compare to these speakers (Klipsch RB-5)? Some other questions:

1. Is the Completed Price for a single speaker or a pair? Does it include the enclosure? Are the drivers recessed into the wood, if not can I order them that way (I really think they look better recessed).
2. I assume these speakers need a stand...do you sell any matching stands?
3. Can I order grills for the speakers?
4. How complex is the crossover network? How many components does it use? I am asking in case I need to assemble it myself...
5. Is the crossover optimized for the 8" woofer? In otherwords does it smooth out its response or just block out higher frequencies?

I'll post some more questions as I think of them...I'm really interested in buying some of these, I think they might work well for my needs in my apartment. I plan on using them with a powered sub for ultra-low bass.

Answers about one-pi speaker [message #37135 is a reply to message #37132] Tue, 02 July 2002 11:02 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
All prices shown on the website are for individual speakers. They're not listed as pairs because some people use an odd number, like for five or seven channels.

Kits include the speaker drivers, the connector panel, hook up wires, "π" logo decal and a printed copy of the plans. For larger speakers that incorporate a compression tweeter and crossover network, kits also include the crossover, Zobel woofer damper, and all cable assemblies are completed and ready to install. Every kit containing a compression driver also includes the horn flare and the bolts to mount the driver to the horn.

About aesthetics, grilles and flush mounted drivers, these are all up to you. The standard cabinets we make do not have grilles and the drivers are surface mounted rather than being routed flush. However, we have made many cabinets with the drivers flush mounted, obviously at a little higher cost. We do not offer grilles at this time. You can buy a foam grille and attach it with velcro, or you can have a frame made and grille cloth stretched over it.

Previous Topic: Chicago Bash
Next Topic: Fostex fe204
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 11:04:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout