Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Performance question
Performance question [message #37111] Fri, 28 June 2002 17:15 Go to next message
Edwin is currently offline  Edwin
Baron
Hi Wayne and all,
I was just wondering if I could approximate the performance of the Theater 4Pi by adding a subwoofer to the Studio 2Pi in my 4m X 5m listening room? Or is the performance of the Theater 4Pi more than the sum of the 2Pi and subwoofer combined?
Thanks,
Edwin

Performance answer [message #37112 is a reply to message #37111] Fri, 28 June 2002 23:24 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The Theater Series four π Speaker is excellent, and performance is great overall. Bass is solid, but it could not compare to something like a PiAlign'ed JBL 2245. So in this respect, a pair of two π's with 2245 subs would offer superior performance to Theater Series four π's below 100Hz. But then again, since the two π Speakers are only capable of a little over 115dB, you can't expect total system output to exceed this, even with a subwoofer. Theater Series four π Speakers are capable of 10dB more dynamic range, so they are capable of being played much louder. Both are great speakers, but the four π Speakers are just bigger.

Previous Topic: Wayne, what do you think about this?
Next Topic: Passive Radiator versus Port
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 06:35:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout