Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Four Pi, Stage VS. Theater
Four Pi, Stage VS. Theater [message #36861] Thu, 13 June 2002 18:25 Go to next message
Kittikun is currently offline  Kittikun
Esquire
Hi All,

I plan to build 4 Pi Stage or Theater series. Does anyone has experiences between these two series in the sound quality issue? I have read from some posts that Omega 15 has better midrange than Delta 15. Do I better go for stage series?
I use SET 845 tube amp 22w/channel. Is it suitable for the Stage Series?

Best Regards,

Kittikun

Re: Four Pi, Stage VS. Theater [message #36865 is a reply to message #36861] Thu, 13 June 2002 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
This is a bit of an unfair comparison because the two systems are in different price points. But to compare them anyway, I'd say The Theater Series four π is a little more strident in the midrange, and is very good in medium sized rooms, placed in corners or near them. The Stage Series four π is a more powerful speaker, and also works well in or near corners but also works very well along a wall, on the floor or maybe near the ceiling. It is suitable for very large rooms, but works well in smaller rooms too.
Re: Four Pi, Stage VS. Theater [message #36867 is a reply to message #36865] Thu, 13 June 2002 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kittikun is currently offline  Kittikun
Esquire
Hi Wayne!

Thanks for your reply. May I reguest for the Stage four Pi plan? If I use Wima cap and Resista resistor in the network, is there any different in the sound quality comparing to normal polypropylene cap and cheap resistor. Thanks you in advance.

Best Regards,

Kittikun

You have mail! [message #36868 is a reply to message #36867] Thu, 13 June 2002 23:32 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: crossover caps...
Next Topic: Could I please have the plans for One Pi?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 07:07:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio