Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Small problem regarding Motorola:s KSN 1038
Small problem regarding Motorola:s KSN 1038 [message #36833] Tue, 11 June 2002 14:06 Go to next message
Mattias S is currently offline  Mattias S
Chancellor
It cannot be obtained in Sweden it seems. Perhaps import is the way to go ? Any suggestions welcomed.

Regards // Mattias S - Sweden

CTS Corporation [message #36834 is a reply to message #36833] Tue, 11 June 2002 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Try contacting CTS Corporation and see if they have a distributor in Sweden.

Please post back what you find; Others in Sweden might be interested.

Hey Wayne, look what i found =) [message #36840 is a reply to message #36834] Tue, 11 June 2002 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Look at the link at please tell me that this is the one. It looks the same and got the same name.

If thats the case then obtaining it wont be difficult in Sweden =)

Looks like you've found it! [message #36841 is a reply to message #36840] Tue, 11 June 2002 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You're right - The device shown on your link looks the same and has the same name. I suspect it's the Motorola KSN 1038. You might want to check - The Motorola KSN 1038 is now sold exclusively by CTS, so ask if that's the one.
Re: Wohoo ! =) it is the one ! [message #36847 is a reply to message #36841] Wed, 12 June 2002 07:31 Go to previous message
Chancellor
Spoke with one of the technical staff at Monacor - Sweden. The tweeter is identical. I don't know if its an oem production or if they are retailers but it is indeed the same drivers =)

Note: Just in case someone is interested. 2 drivers ( cant remember wich ones ) are altered from the original design from motorola.

I also learned that retailers of motorola piezotweeters usually rename the product to fit their own purpose, hence the same drivers have lots of different names.

So for all you Swedes wanting to build 1 Pi or 2 Pi:s check with www.monacor.se for the KSN-1038.

Regards // Mattias S - Sweden

Previous Topic: Cone Stiffness!
Next Topic: crossover caps...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 21:27:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers