Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Thermionic 4 pi plans?
Thermionic 4 pi plans? [message #36807] Fri, 07 June 2002 22:12 Go to next message
crazychile is currently offline  crazychile
Baron
I have some Wright Sound 2A3 monoblocks. Would the Thermionic 4 pi be best if I didnt want to do a cornerhorn? If so, please e-mail the plans. Also, out of curiosity I would like to see the plans for the 1 Pi. I might build them first to brush up on my woodworking skills.

Thanks, and...
Eat mo'Hot Sauce
crazychile

Re: Thermionic 4 pi plans [message #36808 is a reply to message #36807] Sat, 08 June 2002 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thermionic four π speakers are great, but they're huge. That's the only complaint I ever hear about them, so if you've got the room you should really enjoy those speakers.

For your amplifier, the most common speakers are the Theater Series four π's, Thermionic Series three π's and Studio Series two π Speakers. Each of those is excellent too.

I suggest you make a mock-up of each of these speakers with cardboard or posterboard to get an idea of their size. Decide which is best for your room and let me know and I'll send you the plans.

Boxes is boxes [message #36809 is a reply to message #36807] Sat, 08 June 2002 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Here's a thread with really good info.
And .... dry clamp to check fit before gluing; measure once, cut twice; there's always time to fix a botched rush job; a wet bird never flies at night.
Re: Thermionic 4 pi plans [message #36810 is a reply to message #36808] Sat, 08 June 2002 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazychile is currently offline  crazychile
Baron
Thank you Wayne and Till.

I definitely want to build a pair of 1 pi's for my office so if you could send me the plans for those I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for the warning on the large cabinet size for the Thermionic 4 pi. Within a few months I'll have the music system in a really large room so the 4 pi might work. But for ultimate flexibilty of placement I may have to do the 3 pi. - I appreciate your wisdom on building a mock-up speaker first. But I must be missing something- how doI find out about the cabinet dimensions without the plans? Are the dimensions on your website somewhere and I have just overlooked them??

Also, is there a difference between the thermionic 3 and 4 with regards to midrange naturalness? I wouldn't mind a little deeper bass but with owning 2A3 amps my main concern is how natual vocals are reproduced.

Thanks for all your advice,

Eat Mo'Hot Sauce,
crazychile

Re: Thermionic 4 pi plans [message #36812 is a reply to message #36810] Sat, 08 June 2002 11:02 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've sent plans for the one π speakers to your E-Mail address. As for the three π and four π speakers, as you've surmised, bass is fuller from the four π but in all other respects, the speakers sound very much the same. You'll find midrange to be nice from both models.

Previous Topic: 1 Pi speaker plans
Next Topic: more ignorance of the general public...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 02:12:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio