Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » more ignorance of the general public...
more ignorance of the general public... [message #36791] Thu, 06 June 2002 19:02 Go to next message
Jerry Parker is currently offline  Jerry Parker
Baron
Wayne check out this webpage. I cannot believe some of the crap on here. BobG seems to have his head in check, but the others seem to have no clue. My posting name there is 042801. Do you have any comments you would like to post? If so please post them here and I will quote them for you. Thanks a bunch!
http://forums.off-topic.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=4273787#post4273787
Re: more ignorance of the general public... [message #36793 is a reply to message #36791] Thu, 06 June 2002 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Whether you're talking about balanced or unbalanced lines, the best references are those that discuss transmission lines from an engineering perspective. Most studies or reference materials deal with their behaviors at RF frequencies where the issues are greater. As we get nearer to DC, obviously the issues are more and more limited to simple DC resistance.

Pick up a college textbook on transmission lines. Forget the forum discussions, sales rhetoric and rantings. After you've perused an engineering textbook, you probably won't care to enter into forum discussions about audio cables.

Not just on cables [message #36813 is a reply to message #36793] Sat, 08 June 2002 15:01 Go to previous message
Paul C. is currently offline  Paul C.
Master
Wayne, I get great ones on our saxophone forum...

"Uh, will a gold plated ligature give me a better tone than my silver plated one?"

Now, guys, a ligature, to a woodwind player, is a device that is nothing more than a glorified hose clamp, whose purpose is to hold the reed to the mouthpiece. That is all it does.

There are many ways to make the gullible spend a lot of money... and because they spent a lot of money, there MUST be an improvement, right? Can't you hear it? Well, Mr. Golden Ears, if you can't, you just are not hip, sophisticated, or whatever is the current word.

Remember bricks, granite blocks, etc on top of amplifiers?

And green markers on CD's?

I remember when people could swear that CD's, since they were recorded in digital, sounded "grainy" and harsh, and could never equal the sound of good vinyl.

The list goes on....

Previous Topic: Thermionic 4 pi plans?
Next Topic: Changing dimentions..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 04 16:09:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers