Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » question about fasteners and dampening
question about fasteners and dampening [message #36689] Wed, 29 May 2002 06:18 Go to next message
ray99 is currently offline  ray99
Chancellor
Hello. Just received my thermionic 3 kit yesterday. Does anyone know the specs for the three types of fasteners:
1) to attach horn to eminence psd2002-8
2) to attach horn assembly to front baffle (seems like it has a lot of leverage against the baffle)
3) to attach woofer to front baffle (hoping I can buy parts at home depot)

also do you use a dampening material in the cabinet? the directions don't mention dampening except to say that crossover should be on fiberglass blanket; should the interior walls of cabinet be lined with a dampening material? thanks for helping a newbie. Ray

Re: question about fasteners and dampening [message #36691 is a reply to message #36689] Wed, 29 May 2002 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
1. My PSD is the screw on type, I'll defer
2.10-32 t-nuts and cap head screws for the horn
3. 1/4-20 t-nuts and cap head screws for the woofer

BTW, all this, including numerous sources for the hardware are easily found in the archives. Pretty soon, you'll be citing archive posts to other newcomers.
Welcome!

Re: answers about fasteners and dampening [message #36699 is a reply to message #36689] Wed, 29 May 2002 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
To mount the compression driver to the horn, use two 1/4"-20 bolts; You should find them in the bags that contained your cable assemblies and "π" logo. To mount the horn and the woofer to the baffle, T-nuts and screws are excellent. I prefer them for larger speakers. For smaller ones, I like to use #8 pan screws
thanks Wayne and Till E. (nt) [message #36709 is a reply to message #36699] Thu, 30 May 2002 05:11 Go to previous message
ray99 is currently offline  ray99
Chancellor
Previous Topic: Quick question for Kappa 15LFA users
Next Topic: Progress on four Pi's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 11:20:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers