Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Question for Wayne
4 Pi Pro's are much smaller [message #36555 is a reply to message #36549] Tue, 21 May 2002 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
than the Theater series. You lose a bit of low end extension, but have lower distortion (numbers on paper, fwiw) from the 2226. Taut, articulate bass with individual notes well defined. And can run it with a simpler LP xover. The difference in enclosure size gives you about a 65 pound finished weight 4 Pi Pro, not sure how much the Theater series 4 Pi weighs, guys? Moving speakers DOES happen. I am personally really screwed if I ever buy another house :)

Seriously, the low end from the 2226's is fine, and IF I LIVED IN AN APARTMENT might be less obtrusive to the neighbors than a speaker going down even lower...maybe. For sure, the 4 Pi Pro's would fit into an "apartment sized" living space easier. If you need the bottom octave, you do need to consider the original Theater series design. Good luck, Sam

btw, if you are intending to use a 16 ohm 2226J...94dB/watt may be your result...it would be a great speaker still, but need more power to drive it well. and need considered when adapting the xover circuit.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Help me get started
Next Topic: any tips on cutting baffle circles?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 11:40:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio