Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » "Step down" mode
Re: My question re boomy subs [message #36497 is a reply to message #36494] Fri, 17 May 2002 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think you are overstereotyping car audio people, in fact I know so because I am one of those people.

Yeah, there are a lot of obnoxious teenagers out there who just want their bass to be as loud as possible and don't care what it sounds like. There is a group like this in every category - home, pro and car. There is a market for it, no denying.

That doesn't mean all car audio (or home or pro) has to reflect these principles. There are a TON of subs out there designed for cars which sound absolutely incredible. There are a few that will simply flat-out beat most home good homesubwoofers when it comes to sound quality.

Crystal's CMP, Adire Audio's Brahma, Ground Zero's plutonium, Image Dynamic's IDMAX, all these subs plus more deliver pretty incredible sound quality. I would encourage you to not make prejudgments on the industry. A lot of home/pro guys do it I have noticed, and it is simply not accurate. Yes, there is a fairly large market for junk car audio, as is there one for pro audio and home audio as well.

Please don't take any of this offensively, I'm just a guy who is very active in all three areas, and it gives me a good perspective on the audio industry as a whole because I can see the misconceptions each circle has about the other.

Just my opinions.

Adam

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message