Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » question about PI theatre 4 plans
question about PI theatre 4 plans [message #36426] Tue, 14 May 2002 17:05 Go to next message
ray99 is currently offline  ray99
Chancellor
Hi, just looking at the plans and trying to assess if I can assemble the kit. The only thing I have built is a Bottlehead Foreplay. I dont seem to see where the cut out is for the speaker binding posts. Do you just locate these yourself or am I missing something. Sorry if this is a really dumb question. Thanks, Ray
Re: question about PI theatre 4 plans [message #36428 is a reply to message #36426] Tue, 14 May 2002 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You're not missing anything and it's not a dumb question. The cutout isn't shown because placement is a relatively trivial matter. There are so many suitable connection panels that I didn't feel it wise to include fixed cutout dimensions in the plans. But the hole that should be cut for the connector I include in the kits is 2.875" wide x 2.125" tall. The cabinets that are built here all have standard locations for this panel - like centered in the back and 2" up from the bottom for the two π Speaker, for example. But placement is not critical, and is usually set by aesthetics and utility.
Re: Binding Posts [message #36429 is a reply to message #36426] Wed, 15 May 2002 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I use the big gold-plated Dayton posts from Parts Express. They don't have a plate and just go in a 1/4" hole. Part #091-1245, usually on "special" for $8 or $9 a pair.
They look good, are really easy to install and make a solid connection for wire, spades or bananananananas.
Re: question about PI theatre 4 plans [message #36430 is a reply to message #36428] Wed, 15 May 2002 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Otor is currently offline  Otor
Chancellor
Hello,
BTW, is there any benefit to use bi-wiring binding
posts especialy with Studio 2Pi ? Could Piezo benefit
from it, or is it only minor/no effect ?
Otor
Re: question about PI theatre 4 plans [message #36431 is a reply to message #36430] Wed, 15 May 2002 04:06 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The benefit of biamping is mostly developed in the amp, by way of reduced bandwidth. High frequency signals aren't riding on low frequency signals, so the voltage requirements aren't as high. Biwiring in and of itself isn't so much an issue.
Previous Topic: adding a midrange to the pi speakers
Next Topic: JBL driver prices...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 12:02:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout