Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Re: pi one/pi two plans
Re: pi one/pi two plans [message #36341] Wed, 08 May 2002 10:41 Go to next message
fishski13 is currently offline  fishski13
Esquire
wayne,
i am interested in a building a pair of the pi one or two. since this would be my first time building a speaker cabinet, i would like to check out the plans before i decide to buy a kit or completed pair. i also am undecided between the one vs. two. i'm not a "bass freak" but rather more concerned with achieving rhythm, speed, and detail. my current set up is a 50 watt jolida 1701 hybrid ss/tube integrated amp paired with a pair Sound Dynamics RT-3 and a cheap but new Pioneer dvd (sounds better than my 5 year old Denon). the Sound Dynamics have a serious mid-upper bass thump that drives me crazy on certain recordings (mostly acoustic double bass on older jazz recordings); overall tonal character is dark. i also have a SET amp project (Bottlehead Paramour) in my near future and am concerned with the ability of a small amp to move such large drivers found in your designs. should i go with a pi one with an 8 inch driver? how big of a room can either of these speakers fill? i appreciate your time.

corey

You have mail! [message #36342 is a reply to message #36341] Wed, 08 May 2002 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Corey!

If used without subs, I recommend Studio Series two π's for bookshelf-sized speakers. Then again, the little one π's have always been personal favorites; They just don't have as much low bass.

I've sent plans for the two π speakers to you. However, I didn't send the one π plans because you have a "Hotmail" account and it will likely exceed your space allocation. You may not even receive the two π plans 'cause they may be too large. If you don't receive these plans, please write to me from another E-Mail address and I'll resend. And if we don't exceed your space allocation - and you decide you want to build smaller speakers - I'll send you the one π plans so you can build them instead.

Take care!

Wayne

Re: You have mail! [message #36348 is a reply to message #36342] Wed, 08 May 2002 12:52 Go to previous message
fishski13 is currently offline  fishski13
Esquire
im not very web savy and i don't know how to procure another email address. any suggestions? thanks for the prompt response.

fishski13

Previous Topic: Plans???
Next Topic: L-pad calculator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 14:25:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers