Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7 pi and lots-of-windows question
7 pi and lots-of-windows question [message #36340] Wed, 08 May 2002 07:22 Go to next message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
Greetings all,
I'm adding an 11' x 21' x 8' high sunroom on to my house. I'd like to put speakers at one end and was wondering about the combination of 7 pi cornerhorns and 20' of glass on one wall. Ceiling is broken up marginally by partially exposed beams, floor will be tile or stone over two layers of 3/4" ply.
I have most of the components (Eminence) for a pair of 4 pis, which look a lot like the components for the 7 pi.
Will the glass suck up enough bass to nullify the advantage of the cornerhorns?
May I have the plans for the Theater and Stage 7 pi?
Thanks very much
John
You have mail! [message #36343 is a reply to message #36340] Wed, 08 May 2002 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Your glass situation is one that sometimes causes problems and sometimes not, depending on the installation, I suppose. In most cases, large glass panels have proven to be OK, and the most cases are sliding glass doors and bay windows. But I've also seen them be a problem rattling. How do they react to your sound system now?
Thanks Wayne [message #36360 is a reply to message #36343] Thu, 09 May 2002 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
The glass isn't installed yet, but it'll be silicone-gasketed in place so it shouldn't (won't) rattle. The room dims seem OK for corner horns? I was concerned about standing waves with the length 2x the width.
Also, NICE GOING on the "Shopping Cart"! Prices are good, and the one-stop shopping is right on. Couldn't find PI decals, though, how do I go about acquiring a couple of those?
Thanks again for the plans.
John
Re: Thanks Wayne [message #36369 is a reply to message #36360] Thu, 09 May 2002 11:34 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
"π" logo decals are included with every kit. If you just want the decals - Please E-Mail me off-forum and tell me your postal address and I'll send you a couple of them.
Previous Topic: L-Pad Calc
Next Topic: "Shopping Cart" is online!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 17:31:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout