Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » L-pad calculator
L-pad calculator [message #36310] Mon, 06 May 2002 13:10 Go to next message
dbeardsl is currently offline  dbeardsl
Master
I'm making a little L-Pad calculator.

I did the math, and first I tried to derive some equations to calculate the component values directly, but I haven't messed with differential equations since last year... so that ended up as page full of chicken scratch.

so I decided just to loop a million times and make little adjustments, works like a charm.

If anybody wants to try it out. here's the link.

of course, you have to have the visual Basic Runtime dll's...

Thanks!!! Nice Job!!! [message #36315 is a reply to message #36310] Mon, 06 May 2002 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Hamel is currently offline  Robert Hamel
Viscount
Those calculate options are really useful. Thanks again for posting the link.
Re: L-pad calculator [message #36317 is a reply to message #36310] Mon, 06 May 2002 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's a cool program - Very useful! I like how you have the three configurations: 1 - Standard L-Pad, 2 - Series/Parallel compensation attenuator, 3 - Series compensation attenuator.

Are you up to adding functionality for an optional bypass capacitor across the series resistance? It would also be great to allow for driver Re and Le and to plot a response curve for each of these circuits too; Spice is sometimes difficult to use and your app is much more attractive and easier to use.

I can imagine an incredibly useful applet forming on your computer...

anysing is possible. [message #36318 is a reply to message #36317] Mon, 06 May 2002 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Sure, I've just got bored at work, so I had some fun. after I posted I added some calculation to show % of power dissipated in each component.

sure, I'll add some more stuff to it.

The response curve idea is cool. the rough model using Re and Le should give a pretty good picture of what it looks like.

if there are any more suggestions or questions (I'm no the best at designing easy to use stuff) from anybody that would be cool.

Thanks,
Danny

not sure... [message #36349 is a reply to message #36310] Wed, 08 May 2002 14:07 Go to previous message
Master
I put in graphing capabilites using Re, Le, and reactance formulas.

It works, and looks really good.

but, since I'm not accounting for driver resonance in a horn or whatever (just Re and Le), the graphs don't look exactly like the ones from Spice.

I'll finish it ans upload it in 30 minutes or so.

Previous Topic: Re: pi one/pi two plans
Next Topic: Wayne, check this out...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 18:21:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout