Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Ten Pi Info
Re: Ten Pi Info [message #36290 is a reply to message #36288] Sun, 05 May 2002 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I don't use the Kappa series, but Adam has reported success with this driver in his version of the ten π horn. The "Pi Alignment Theory" document shows the formulas used for calulating cabinet volume and port size. The PiAlign program is usually pretty good at recommending a port that works well in the cabinet, avoiding those that are too long to fit in the cabinet. But if there are absolutely no other good choices, it will occasionally suggest a long port, which can be bent into an L shape to fit into the cabinet. Alternatively, you can calculate by hand to see if there are other choices that will work for you.

I generally like to use the Peavey CH-3 or Eminence H290 horns. Each provides smooth response. There are other horns that could be used, but those two have worked very well for me so I've stuck with them. They provide good loading down to the crossover point, and uniform directivity, which is important in many of my loudspeaker designs.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: need to find a complete selection of drivers
Next Topic: Using a JBL 2405 w/2" compression driver.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 18:24:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio