Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Top octave compensation on non Eminence comp drivers
Re: what did you think about the dip near 6K?(nt) [message #36136 is a reply to message #36133] Sat, 27 April 2002 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RyanH is currently offline  RyanH
Chancellor
Since this driver is much more sensitive than the woofer, could I add an extra part in the xover (reverse notch filter??) to compensate and basically bring the rest of the response to its level? Also, since they showed it mounted on a different horn how much would it change for that PE cheapo one (pretty similar in looks to H290)? Thanks for all the help everyone!
--Ryan
Re: what did you think about the dip near 6K?(nt) [message #36137 is a reply to message #36136] Sat, 27 April 2002 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You might be able to build a reverse notch filter, but I've never done it before and I don't really know how to do it.

Adam

Maybe choose another driver [message #36140 is a reply to message #36137] Sat, 27 April 2002 14:18 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

A "notch filter" is a band-stop filter and the complement of such a filter is called a band-pass filter. People use band-pass filters for a midrange crossover in three-way speakers. However, the use of a filter as a (wide-band) frequency splitter and the use of a filter as a high-Q (narrow-band) equalization mechanism are two different things. To use a narrow band-pass filter as a compensation network for a response spike means everything else will be shelved down to match. Even that may not do it, because it may be caused by destructive interference, something best adddressed by the phase plug. I think I might be tempted to look for another driver instead.

Previous Topic: Oops.. too big!
Next Topic: bmar, please see this post about my Basie
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 01:39:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout