Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Computer crashed and burned!
Computer crashed and burned! [message #36097] Thu, 25 April 2002 05:16 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Just now catching up after replacing the hardrive. Darned thing was shutting down from overheating, fried the drive, didn't know why. Finally figured out the PS fan was humming but not turning. Have an Enermax 350 watt 2 whisper fans "refrigeration" unit on the way.

Just have to stick a pen in the grille and "crank" the fan periodically until the new PS get's here. LOL!

You won't believe how much quieter an Maxtor 5400 RPM plain vanilla drive is than the fancy Seagate ultra ATA 7200 RPM that came with. And I can't tell it's slower!

Bmar! Dude! Nice horns and I didn't realise the cabs were vintage until I saw the reveal where the sides meet the baffles.

And Adam has a Trebuchet? When's the summer Pi festival at your house, Adam? I'm up for the drive. Run thru Rochester and get you, Mr. Martinelli.

Re: Computer crashed and burned! [message #36102 is a reply to message #36097] Thu, 25 April 2002 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
I have a hamster I can loan you for the weekend if your pen gives out!

If you get to rochester, youll have to stay for a few days in the guest room. then we could cruise across the lake and get George, then on to Adams !

well its off to another night of veneer hell! checking back later

ok I have to ask.... Adam. what is a Trebuchet? i remember seeing the pic you posted of it.

Bill

Re: Computer crashed and burned! [message #36127 is a reply to message #36102] Sat, 27 April 2002 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It's a midevil siege weapon used for hucking large projectiles long distances :)

Adam

Re: I need one of these! [message #36128 is a reply to message #36127] Sat, 27 April 2002 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
ever launch any fire balls?
that thing is too cool for school man.....
Re: I need one of these! [message #36131 is a reply to message #36128] Sat, 27 April 2002 10:36 Go to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Not yet, maybe some day though...

A rock of some sort wrapped in cloth and soaked in napalm would be cool :)

Adam

Previous Topic: Eminence Crossovers
Next Topic: Oops.. too big!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 18 11:18:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers