Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Active highpass filter
Active highpass filter [message #35908] Wed, 10 April 2002 09:55 Go to next message
dbeardsl is currently offline  dbeardsl
Master
For high power applications, I'll definately need a steep active high pass crossover. Probably right at or right below the tuning frequency correct?

So How do I get one? should I go read up on active filters and make my own? Or is there a source for relatively inexpensive active filters?

Re: Active highpass filter [message #35915 is a reply to message #35908] Wed, 10 April 2002 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Below you'll find a rough draft design I made of an active crossover for bi-amp applications. It needs a section for the high-pass "rumble filter" as you've described added to the LF section. And it might be nice to add another jumper-selectable section to both the LF and HF sections that provides a 6dB/octave filter. With a single 6dB/octave jumper-selectable stage and a pair of jumper-selectable 12dB/octave stages, the user can configure 6dB, 12dB, 18dB, 24dB and 30dB per octave stages or 1st through 5th order filters. The rumble filter should be made having a fixed high-order slope, but should have its frequency configurable. In spite of the lack of these things, the schematic shows the circuit for a suitable active crossover.

Active Bi-Amp Crossover

You can make 'em on breadboards as Greg did. Maybe later I'll continue to research this, do a full analysis, make an improved schematic with specific component values and have circuit boards etched in quantity so that I can offer DIY kits and fully assembled units.

I'll Take The First Kit Offered,Please! (nt) [message #35922 is a reply to message #35915] Thu, 11 April 2002 08:54 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
nt
Previous Topic: Need advice...and plans
Next Topic: Theater 4 Pi one channel complete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 05:05:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio