Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Why not Kappa 15?
Why not Kappa 15? [message #35792] Wed, 03 April 2002 19:22 Go to next message
mhammill is currently offline  mhammill
Chancellor
Is there a reason why the Kappa 15 is not used in any Pi models, it looks promising? Is it too peaky?
Thanks
Mike H
Re: Why not Kappa 15? [message #35794 is a reply to message #35792] Wed, 03 April 2002 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the Kappa series. I just didn't feel the need to make so many speakers - There are several in my line already. Each "line" is double the power of the previous line. If efficiency is the same, doubling power is only a few decibels difference, so having lines less than double of each other makes for a lot of overlap in performance. My lines overlap pretty much as it is; To have a line every 100 watts would really be overkill in my opinion. That's the only reason I've skipped the Kappa series.

Re: Why not Kappa 15? [message #35795 is a reply to message #35794] Wed, 03 April 2002 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yep.

My Pi's use Kappa drivers and they sound fine. Just a design decision on Wayne' part. Actually, I find the Kappas to be the best value in the Eminence line, IMO.

Adam

Re: Why not Kappa 15? [message #35796 is a reply to message #35794] Wed, 03 April 2002 21:15 Go to previous message
Erik from Holland is currently offline  Erik from Holland
Baron
Hi people,

So people seem to have a spare pair, so why not make a nice little list with modifications to the models, if using a other model from eminence or JBL.

Like the kappa or the new MAGNUM series.

and wayne,

I still can`t manage to plot the scheme from the 4Pi with Kappa LF.

But the LF is very much like the kappa, and i think it will work out well.

See you.

Previous Topic: A link for the tube people
Next Topic: Quick question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 08:33:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers