Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Tipping my 4 Pi's up slightly in the front
Tipping my 4 Pi's up slightly in the front [message #35739] Sun, 31 March 2002 08:34 Go to next message
Patrick is currently offline  Patrick
Chancellor
I've found that in my room, putting a couple of rubber pucks under the front of each speaker (about 1/2" tall) opens up the sound and lends the bass definition.

I suspect that this helps because I use the Paramours, which tend toward the lush, and because of the oddities of my room. Also because I like to move around while listening, so pointing the tweeter upward gives me a better balance.

Patrick

Re: Tipping my 4 Pi's up slightly in the front [message #35754 is a reply to message #35739] Mon, 01 April 2002 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Hi Patrick,

I too, tip my Pi's back with a 3/4" block of wood under the front edge. You might try the mod to the paramours that Paul Joppa suggested: http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pi/messages/4033.html
It seemed to enhance the high end performance of my Pi's. I'm still not sure about all aspects of this change. Recently, there has been a surge of EMI/RFI noise in my neighborhood which virtually precludes listening to my system on most days! Damn!

G.

Re: Tipping my 4 Pi's up slightly in the front [message #35758 is a reply to message #35754] Mon, 01 April 2002 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick is currently offline  Patrick
Chancellor
Hey Garland!

Thanks for passing on the P Joppa tip. I now have the TFA-2004 trannies on my Paramours, so I can't use it. But we both seem to be experiencing a slight loss of top end in our Paramour/Pi combos... a function of the room in both cases I am certain.

And there are other issues. I recently changed the isolation under my TT, and have seen a dramatic return of HF. So you never know...

Patrick

Re: Tipping my 4 Pi's up slightly in the front [message #35782 is a reply to message #35758] Wed, 03 April 2002 15:36 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I have listened to some Paraglows on Theater Series four π Speakers. The treble seems just right to me, and the bass is tight and well defined. I expected a bit of attenuation at frequency extremes, a bit of a rolled-off top octave and maybe some lack of control in the bottom octave. Since the system is transformer-coupled by necessity, I just thought it would have a bit less energy at the outside edges of the audio bandwidth. But the system doesn't do anything funny like that. It sounds just right to me.
Previous Topic: What model do I need?
Next Topic: 4 Pi Pro's and pp6BQ5's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 03:51:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout