Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Horn flare from PE
Horn flare from PE [message #35725] Fri, 29 March 2002 10:31 Go to next message
dbeardsl is currently offline  dbeardsl
Master
Wayne, how different do ya think this flare is from the ones you've recommended? Different enough to necessitate a change in the crossover? My dad is really interested in build some 4Pi's.

Thanks,
Danny

Re: Horn flare from PE [message #35726 is a reply to message #35725] Fri, 29 March 2002 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I haven't used this horn, so I can't say. But from a casual inspection, it looks like it would probably fine as long as it doesn't have a problem of ringing mechanically. Maybe try a couple - At ten bucks, you're not going to hurt yourself.

Re: Horn flare from PE [message #35728 is a reply to message #35725] Fri, 29 March 2002 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex Mills is currently offline  Rex Mills
Esquire
I got a pair of these, can't pass on a deal, and they ain't bad. Have a pair of Zomax (mcm) drivers on them currently crossover at 2khz, 3rd order with a pair of tent sale M-252's and they sound pretty good. As Wayne said, cut off is a good bit lower and could easily be used down to 1000hz. A little bit of ring when tapped with a screwdriver, but I plan on applying some damping and trying them with my 4648's and a pair of supertweets. Later!..Rex
Re: Horn flare from PE [message #35729 is a reply to message #35728] Fri, 29 March 2002 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freddyi is currently offline  freddyi
Baron
Hi Rex

those horns somewhat remind me of old Zomax 2370 copies I bought years ago from DJK - Danny sure couldn't get burnt at that price!

how do you like the new Zomax compression drivers? - am always looking for an alternative to the excellent Eminence product (haven't tried Selenium 205Ti)

sounds like you have some cool speakers with M252

Freddy

Re: Horn flare from PE [message #35730 is a reply to message #35729] Fri, 29 March 2002 19:10 Go to previous message
Rex Mills is currently offline  Rex Mills
Esquire
Hi Freddy..I thought I would be disappointed with the Zomax's after reading through the archives but I gotta admit they sound pretty smooth. Maybe if I pushed them down lower they would honk but at 2k they sound OK. What they lack is top end but I have some Selenium slots I'm gonna try. Later..Rex

If it's cheap I'll try it...

Previous Topic: JBL tent sale thang
Next Topic: Wow... great work Wayne.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 28 06:16:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers