Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » What to do with 252s. (it ryhmes, woohoo!)
What to do with 252s. (it ryhmes, woohoo!) [message #35700] Wed, 27 March 2002 10:05 Go to next message
dbeardsl is currently offline  dbeardsl
Master
So, I bought 4 and they should be arriving soon. I decided not cancel my accidental second order of 2. How often do ya get a deal like this.

Anyway, I'll have 4 15" M252-8B2's. Now I just have to find something to do with them. Freddy, how do you think one would fair in a Karlson?

These don't look like they are tuned that low...

One with one of those motorolla twin bullet piezo might make a killer guitar cab?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

4Pisintheworksgonnaprobablyusebirchply

TV stand with all 4 in line horizontally (nt) [message #35708 is a reply to message #35700] Wed, 27 March 2002 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
nt
:-) [message #35709 is a reply to message #35708] Wed, 27 March 2002 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Cool idea!

Though I don't watch much TV. hmm

Got em [message #35710 is a reply to message #35700] Wed, 27 March 2002 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I recieved the first two... dang heavy.

Very slick looking. Curved cone, no ribs. Cast frame is pretty cool, funny, the texture and paint makes it feel like plastic. Terminals are spring, though really hard springs.

Just sitting in their shipping boxes, these things sound great! and real efficient too. I think I'm gonna like these. When I get them 4Pis built I'll swap the delta 15's to see how these sound.

Wow! really good highs, I don't know what response is like on these, but it sounds like it goes way up(voices don't sound muddy at all, even off axis)... may be even useable to 3 or 4k?

I'll keep ya posted if I do anything with them.

Model number is M252-8 $108.25 = qty. 2 (8.25% CA sales tx).
Each comes with a glued foam rubber gasket on front and a paper gasket for the back I guess.

suprise, Frame IS plastic [message #35712 is a reply to message #35710] Wed, 27 March 2002 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
doh, the frame IS plastic.. that would explain why it felt like it.

Also, one of the two I recieved has a problem. I think it will be fine, but when you look horizontally, the cone (where it is attached to the surround) isn't flat, its kinda wavy and goes +- 3 mm up and down as you turn the driver.

The box has large 1" blue numbers that say 11/95. I guess B-Stock means they just sat in a warehouse?

Re: suprise, Frame IS plastic [message #35713 is a reply to message #35712] Wed, 27 March 2002 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex Mills is currently offline  Rex Mills
Esquire
I bought a pair about 5 weeks ago and mine definitely are not plastic frame. Your description of the cone sounds right though. Do yours have a bumped back plate with a large screened vent and 3" voice coil?
Re: What to do with 252s. (it ryhmes, woohoo!) [message #35715 is a reply to message #35700] Wed, 27 March 2002 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freddyi is currently offline  freddyi
Baron
Hey Danny - if your M252 goes up nice and high - give the old Karlson a try - think you'll have fun - and it'll look cool-retro

Freddy

correction Frame IS metal.. coated with plastic. Doh [message #35717 is a reply to message #35713] Wed, 27 March 2002 21:54 Go to previous message
Master
They don't have a screen.
The vent in the back is about 1 inch.
The bump in the back is about 3.5" across and is raised about 3/8".
If I stick my finger down in the vent, there is some foam about 2.5" down.

ok, I attacked one with a knife, The Frame is Metal, but it is coated in a thin layer of black textured plastic(ABS?). I guess this is to cut down on resonance, cause it sounds like plastic when you tap it.

Previous Topic: My point of view, if interesting.
Next Topic: I got my horns today, Wow! these speakers rock!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 06:15:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio