Home » Audio » General » Smoothing the waters
Smoothing the waters [message #3567] Wed, 23 August 2006 07:27 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You know this Aczel thing; he has been around for a whole lifetime. He started out printing a pamphlet that had some openminded approaches to audio you could not find in the mainstream audio press. Then something happened. I can't say for sure what the motivations were but I can say from being a longtime reader that his whole position on audio changed over a very short span of time. He went from an openminded approach to the now infamous close-minded objectivist approach. Some people theorise that he did this 180 deg. spin due to flagging revenue and lack of attention. But I don't know that for sure so I can't say if that is true. He published for a while then had his little debacle with Fourier speakers. I was a reader at the time so i felt betrayed like a lot of others.
So naturally when I saw the mentions of his new magazine I felt I had an obligation to remind the people of ART of his changes of heart and lapses of memory and failures to disclose. Thats all folks; I'm sure sorry if I ruffled some feathers; but I always feel you have to do the right thing and I have to be able to trust those I read.
I mean; I may not always agree with the ART guys but I trust them. So I thought I needed to bring this to their attention.
There was no debate here; unless you say it was the standard objective/subjective rants. About the Aczel thing; what happened happened; I can't change that.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: My view on the Ten Biggest Lies.
Next Topic: Lets Allow People To Speak
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 05:21:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout