Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pics of my Theater 4 Pi !!!!
Pics of my Theater 4 Pi !!!! [message #35554] Tue, 19 March 2002 03:27 Go to next message
Super_BQ is currently offline  Super_BQ
Baron
Ok i've managed to get you guys some photos. However, the digital camera I borrowed is quite budget so they're not crisp and sharp as I would like them to be.

The veneer is in exotic Rimu wood native to New Zealand.

Brendon

Re: Pics of my Theater 4 Pi !!!! [message #35555 is a reply to message #35554] Tue, 19 March 2002 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
Nice job on the speakers. What are you driving them with?
Re: Pics of my Theater 4 Pi !!!! [message #35556 is a reply to message #35554] Tue, 19 March 2002 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Great job! Nice veneer! I like that you started with the cabinet unbraced so that you could learn the benefit of a properly braced box. I improved the sound of my Theater 4's with additional bracing. The problem you mention with lack of bass at normal listening levels may have to do with the hard flooring. I suspect that you have ample high freq. reflections which overwelm the bass. Have you tried them in a carpeted room? -Just a guess. Have fun with these great speakers.

G.

Beautiful! [message #35557 is a reply to message #35554] Tue, 19 March 2002 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks for posting those wonderful pics. Great website! Articulate and attractive. That veneer is really great, because it gives your speakers a unique touch. Lovely grain!

nice work, Brendon! [message #35561 is a reply to message #35554] Tue, 19 March 2002 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
the speakers look great. Now get down to a floor covering store and buy a rug! And brick up that window:) Seriously, room treatment will let you maximize the enjoyment from your project. If you feel the back is not as secure as you would like, have you considered just gluing it in place, and using the woofer hole for access to the inside? What is that cool looking heat sinked thing on the floor between the speakers??? Sam
Great Job! [message #35562 is a reply to message #35554] Tue, 19 March 2002 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Brendon,
The finish, recessed drivers and your choice of horn really looks cool. It looks like you cut the woofer and horn closer together, or is it the taller horn making it look so? (mine are CH3) Either way it looks great!

I love how each can be distinctive while basically adhereing to a set design. Bravo!

Thomas

As good as they look ....... [message #35567 is a reply to message #35554] Tue, 19 March 2002 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
They sound even better! Isn't that amazing?
Great job!
Re: nice Pair! [message #35576 is a reply to message #35554] Tue, 19 March 2002 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
great job, they look great.
Re: Pics of my Theater 4 Pi !!!! [message #35577 is a reply to message #35555] Wed, 20 March 2002 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Currently driving them with most of my gear on my website. HHB CD player, Nelson Pass's Balance Line Stage pre-amp, and the mighty 50 watt Son of Zen amp.
Re: nice work, Brendon! [message #35578 is a reply to message #35561] Wed, 20 March 2002 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Baron
Yes i've glued the back baffle board in place and use the front woofer hole for access.

The massive heatsink on the floor is Nelson Pass's Son of Zen amp i've built last year (rated only 50 watts). Heaps of power and when playing at high SPLs, i'm amazed how clean and unstrainful the sound is.

As for the room treatment, the speakers will be moved to the living room where it's carpeted.

Previous Topic: Have to tell you about this veneer
Next Topic: no promises but i'm try to snag one of these tube
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 05:11:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout