Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » not really Pi-like...
not really Pi-like... [message #35553] Tue, 19 March 2002 02:31 Go to previous message
dbeardsl is currently offline  dbeardsl
Master
But I have a question, a friend of mine wants to add some low end to his little 5.25" coax's in his car. I looked around, did some boxplotting(WINISD actually).

he has a 12cuft. trunk(rather lossy, up for estimating a Q?) with a panel that fits a max of 10". I plan on using the trunk AS the box.

I'd like to go high efficiency.. but there really isn't anything that small that goes that low.. He's lookin to minimize his budget.. under $100.

I've got a few ideas, this seems like the best.. two of those woofers(link below) in his 12 cuft trunk tuned to 30 hz or so. gives a real low response down to 26 hz or so easy. I'm just not sure how a woofer like this would handle a huge volume like that. He's palnning on buying a small amp, so the 90db sens isn't too much of a problem, but none of that 85db stuff, yuck.

is this a bad idea? got any quick better ones?

Sorry for the non-Pi-ness of this, but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people running around here.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: finishing Theater 4s... questions
Next Topic: Have to tell you about this veneer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 09:42:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers