Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Question for Wayne Re: Resistor in Tweeter compensation circuit
Question for Wayne Re: Resistor in Tweeter compensation circuit [message #35470] Wed, 13 March 2002 09:10 Go to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Hi Wayne,

The Theater 4's are sounding better all the time! I can't believe how good these are! -Simply amazing! A friend with golden ears compared them to Oris horns which you may know as one of the favs with the Hi E guys, though they are also considerably more expensive to own. I've replaced the iron core inductor on the woofer with an Alpha Core with good results and was wondering about replacing the large 100w sand cast 8 ohm resistor in the tweeter compensation circuit with a Mills or two or four. I've got some 10 ohms at home -can these be used or should I only use 8 ohms. I'm only using the Paramours but will probably use a gang of the 12watt Mills for 24watts anyway.

Thanks,

Garland

Re: Question for Wayne Re: Resistor in Tweeter compensation circuit [message #35471 is a reply to message #35470] Wed, 13 March 2002 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
A ten ohm resistor for the woofer damper is perfectly fine.
Resistor Types [message #35473 is a reply to message #35471] Wed, 13 March 2002 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbeardsl is currently offline  dbeardsl
Master
Sandstone Power Resistors from gold mine, in their catalog.

Are these inductive you think? are they wirewound in sandstone? or what?

bottom of Page 70

Re: Resistor Types [message #35474 is a reply to message #35473] Wed, 13 March 2002 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Most high-power resistors are wire-wound types. If not, they'll say so because non-inductive power resistors command a premium price.
Re: Question for Wayne Re: Resistor in Tweeter compensation circuit [message #35478 is a reply to message #35471] Wed, 13 March 2002 16:39 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
I shouldn't try to remember the circuitry while at work! Sorry. and thanks for the advice.

G.

Previous Topic: 4 Pi Plans
Next Topic: Re: Anyone got any intresting designs for Omega 18"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 05:10:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio