Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Slight hole in linen surround of woofer
Slight hole in linen surround of woofer [message #35455] Tue, 12 March 2002 11:05 Go to next message
Rudi is currently offline  Rudi
Chancellor
Yesterday I installed a pair of 12 inch Eminence Beta 150 wrms drivers into a cabinet.When I went to screw on the grille I accidently
slipped with the screwdriver and puntured a small hole in the linen surround.I've tested it at medium to high vol,and theres no distortion.

But I haven't tried any recording with heavy bass and at loud vol.

Do you think it will be fine cos the surround is made of plasticised cloth[linen] and the hole is not a tear,just about the average size of a screwdriver head.

Please can you help me,cos If a problem is likely to occur the guarntee doesn't cover accidental damage.

Re: Slight hole in linen surround of woofer [message #35456 is a reply to message #35455] Tue, 12 March 2002 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Don't worry about it. It shouldn't cause any problems as long as it doesn't expand into a larger rip.

Adam

Re: Slight hole in linen surround of woofer [message #35463 is a reply to message #35455] Tue, 12 March 2002 20:58 Go to previous message
dbeardsl is currently offline  dbeardsl
Master
I doubt it would have any effect on sound. But maybe dab a little goo on it to keep the edges from flapping and maybe tearing, use maybe RTV or gasket maker, or some sealant that dries flexible... use very little though, just a dab.
Previous Topic: Kappa 15?
Next Topic: 4 Pi Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 08 12:18:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout