Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater 4Pi plans - 3/4" material ?
Theater 4Pi plans - 3/4" material ? [message #35443] Tue, 12 March 2002 08:02 Go to next message
TOttman2 is currently offline  TOttman2
Chancellor
The Theater 4 Pi plans seem to give outside dimensions... is 3/4" material assumed ? or are these measurements inside dimensions?

Thanks...
Tom

yes... [message #35447 is a reply to message #35443] Tue, 12 March 2002 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
Those are outside dimensions using 3/4" material.

Kevin

Re: Theater 4Pi plans - 3/4" material ? [message #35448 is a reply to message #35443] Tue, 12 March 2002 09:23 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Hi Tom,

The dimensions are outside dims. and the plans assume a 3/4" wall thickness. So if want thicker walls you have to go out(larger) or risk changing the cabinet loading characteristics. One thing the plans don't show but Wayne has said he sometimes uses, is a cabinet base riser. I put a 1 and 1/2"high ring of left-over Baltic birch screwed/glued to the base which lifts the horn up to about seated ear level which helps with the highs,IMHO. I think if I were to start over I'd make the ring(actually a rectangle) 2" or maybe even 3" tall.This riser helps with the appearance as well- it's a common feature on cabinets of all types.

Good luck with the assembly- your in for a treat on completion!

Garland

Previous Topic: Listening to Theater 4's and Wayne's Bracing Photo
Next Topic: 2426 horn loading questions @ Altec 511 B, 2370 comparisons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 10:31:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers