Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Listening to Theater 4's and Wayne's Bracing Photo
Listening to Theater 4's and Wayne's Bracing Photo [message #35430] Mon, 11 March 2002 09:25 Go to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
I have been listening to the Theater 4's now for about a week or so but only for maybe 10 hours altogether. Love the clarity, dynamics, and bandwidth. My only complaint was a minor one, I was getting a bit too much warmth in the nether regions esp. on certain recordings. I was assuming that some of it might be due to the need for additional break-in of both the speakers and the new Paramour amps.

Sunday, I was having a few audio friends over to show off my new stuff, all are Bottleheads with modded Paramours, Foreplays, Soliloquy and Audio Note Speakers. But on Saturday Wayne posted the interior photo of the Theater 4 showing his bracing scheme. Uh oh! I left out two of the cross braces. I had only put in two running front to back in each cabinet. So..., Sunday morning I headed into the shop to mill up four more braces, home again to pop out the drivers and glue and screw in the new braces before my friends arrive. Finished with a few hours to spare.

Anyway, to make a long story short, now the speakers have lost the annoying warmth though are not at all dry. An unsuspected bonus is that, with the removal of the low resonance, there is now more apparent high freq. extension! So the Pi's now sound unequivocally beautiful!

So, Wayne, thanks so much for the very timely posting of that photo! and add it to your published assembly documents!

Garland

Re: Listening to Theater 4's and Wayne's Bracing Photo [message #35440 is a reply to message #35430] Mon, 11 March 2002 18:21 Go to previous message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
Amazing! I just got on the computer to ask about bracking my Theater 4 PIs. I glued in the front-to-back braces, and was wondering about side-to-side. I guess this answers my question. I haven't seen the picture you're talking about. I'll have to try to find it. Thanks.

Kevin

Previous Topic: Spice revisited
Next Topic: Theater 4Pi plans - 3/4" material ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 10:31:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio