Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » AIM-Spice
AIM-Spice [message #35240] Wed, 27 February 2002 00:05 Go to next message
dbeardsl is currently offline  dbeardsl
Master
Trying to get those crossover models to work on AIM spice...(The ones in Waynes Document). I've never used any kind of circuit design software...

on which nodes do I put the VIN?
without it I get a flat reading at -300V on the AC analysis
(trying to reproduce your graphs)

I got bored in my physics class so I read ahead, and whadaya know I stumbled on capacitive reactance. I messed around with some equations and finally understand how a first-order crossover works, yippee!! though its not exactly 6db slope... 6.03 or something I don't remember.

I'm starting to make a VB app to visualize the design of simple AIM-Spice models... I'll let anybody know when I'm finished.

nm I got it [message #35241 is a reply to message #35240] Wed, 27 February 2002 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Duh, you use a Constant current device... measure the voltage, which is proportional to resistance. DOH!
Wayne Question [message #35248 is a reply to message #35240] Wed, 27 February 2002 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Oh Wise Wayne, how dost therefore come thee up with thee Spice Models for Thine given Drivers your Crossover Document.

For instance in the Alpha 8, those three parallel components... Was it just trial and error and a lot of experience or did you calculate some of those values?

Also, is it reasonable to assume that I could add to the circuit in an attempt to make the model even closer to the actual thing? Or is it a lost cause?

Speaker motor models in Spice [message #35249 is a reply to message #35248] Wed, 27 February 2002 11:27 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The values Re and Le are taken directly from manufacturer's specifications. The mechanical reactance values are those that are equivalent to the driver's mechanical Q.
Previous Topic: Finally the Theater 4 Pi's are leaving the shop and heading home!
Next Topic: Re: Eminence 12lt to ksn1188 steep crossover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 21:04:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout