Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » a question about woofer mounting... Till E... or anyone
a question about woofer mounting... Till E... or anyone [message #35183] Sat, 23 February 2002 15:50 Go to next message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
Till,

I remember reading that you put an extra "layer" on the front of your speakers and recessed the woofer. Did the Delta 15 fit into a 15" hole? The Parts Express catalog says the outside diameter is actually 15.15". I was just hoping to find out before I go and route them. I'll be using an extra layer on the front myself, but I think mine are going to look a little different than most. Thanks for any input.

Kevin

Re: a question about woofer mounting... Till E... or anyone [message #35190 is a reply to message #35183] Sat, 23 February 2002 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I used 15 3/8 for the outer diameter, 13 7/8 the inner. And I have some further thoughts about the subject. I don't like what seems to be the convention for driver mounting with the 8 bolts so close to the edge that t-nuts have a hard time grabbing the workpiece.

Next cabinet I build is going to have the woofer and horn glued and bolted to the baffle. I stumbled across some adhesive that is sold with an undermount sink kit at Home Depot. Supposed to be aerospace type stuff. Or epoxy would do.

Then I would let in a door through the back panel with a wide rabbet to maximise contact surface, like watertight doors.Apply a gasket material and use bolts in t-nuts. Then have access without disturbing drivers and establishing even higher "Q".

This is great fun, isn't it? Enjoy!

Thanks, Till. Time to do some routing. (nt) [message #35192 is a reply to message #35190] Sun, 24 February 2002 07:19 Go to previous message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
Previous Topic: pair of kr62bsi monoblocks for lima!
Next Topic: GOLD METAL FOR CANADA!!!!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 17:16:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio