Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Calling Till E.
Calling Till E. [message #35132] Fri, 15 February 2002 07:00 Go to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Hi Bill,

I was wondering if you had experimented with the different secondaries in the Paramour OPT's with the Theater 4's? I am wiring my 'mours up with the 8/16 ohm tap but was wondering if the 4 ohm might be good.

Thanks!

G.

Re: Calling Till E. [message #35134 is a reply to message #35132] Fri, 15 February 2002 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I used the 8 ohm tap. You're question is one I have also because I had a Music Reference RM-10 of which the designer advised using the 4 ohm tap with 8 ohm speakers. He calls this "light loading"; it reduces the output from 35 to 27 watts but increases dampoing by a facto rof 10 and reduces distortion significanlty. There was an audible difference.
I decided to wait until I had the amps completely under control. There is still a buzz in the right one and you'll recall I had the wrong size bases. The bases I made myself are curing and the right channel amp is on the workbench.
I'm already wondering about tube-rolling and Auricaps. It never stops.
Re: Calling Till E. [message #35137 is a reply to message #35134] Fri, 15 February 2002 12:47 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Let me know if you do try the switch. My paramours are probably going to be finished by Monday and the Pis are sounding great with the cheap receiver at work. The veneer goes on next weekend and then everything comes together in my home listening room/Family room. I hope the wife lets me keep the Pi's!

Garland

Previous Topic: My CH-3's finally came in
Next Topic: Ultra-high frequencies - unimportant?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 04:51:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio