Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » theater 4/7 cornerhorn combo mombo
theater 4/7 cornerhorn combo mombo [message #34649] Sat, 05 January 2002 12:07 Go to next message
rewfew is currently offline  rewfew
Esquire
Say Wayne:
I'm assuming the cabinet volume for the theater 4 bass reflex is the same as with the 7 pi corner horn using the delta 15 eminence driver. So what if one had the HF driver and horn housed separately, unattached atop the the bass cab. If you want the theater 7 you'd use removable panels that can be screwed or bolted above and below the speaker to form the doghouse reflector of the corner horn or you could undo the panels for the theater 4 and flip er round. But how much of the crossover parts share compatability? If it's just a matter of a few resistors or caps for the compensation network then a flip of a switch could finish the change over.

Re: theater 4/7 cornerhorn combo mombo [message #34650 is a reply to message #34649] Sat, 05 January 2002 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's a great idea. It makes conversions easier.
Re: theater 4/7 cornerhorn combo mombo [message #34651 is a reply to message #34650] Sun, 06 January 2002 09:31 Go to previous message
rewfew is currently offline  rewfew
Esquire
Hi Wayne:

Wow alright! I don't know if a corner horn will work in my house or not as one speaker would have to be in another adjoining room, but this would give some flexibility if it dosn't sound right without having to build another cabinet. Let me pontificate my praise for your friendly help on this forum. Thanks! Rick
Previous Topic: Inductor Value for Theater 4 Pi
Next Topic: Questions about wiring Theater 4 Pi's and Paramour tube amps.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 22:35:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio