Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » preliminary midwest audiofest info; hotel etc.
preliminary midwest audiofest info; hotel etc. [message #34504] Thu, 20 December 2001 17:34
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
Plans on our Midwest Audiofest are rocking along. I'm getting really good response on it.
We have some cool stuff planned. Maybe it won't be the most sophisticated gathering ever, but it'll be fun, with your guys help!
I'm getting good representation from various commercial and DIY horn/high eff. guys. We should have a nice array of systems to hear, as well as a number of nice tube equipment displays.
I will have a webpage or two up in a couple of weeks with official stuff on it, but in the meantime, here is the hotel info so you can book it now. I think it'll be important to get your reservation in fairly soon. If you absolutely have to get a cheaper room, email me.
Wingate Inn 419-228-7000, connected to Civic Center, nice rooms, mention the fest for $65 rate, ask for block of rooms.
Some preliminary info
Besides some of the obvious activities, we have determined through demand that a swap meet will happen, also possible auction of donated items. Table price for swap meet looks like $10.
Demo of house Altec cinema system, and JBL system (maybe the house technician will try to foist the Bose Panarray on us...!ha!)maybe even a movie late in the eve if we want! (Waking Ned Divine is being shown there earlier in the month for St Pats Day Irish dinner and movie!! can they hold it over!!)
Talks by various folks, including Bruce Edgar. Bruce will have one of his systems there. List of speakers/topics later.
Tube area and demos for/by our bottlehead friends.
Half hour "ear fresheners" are planned for Saturday. Reset your hearing, and recalibrate your brain after so much listening with live string trio and later a jazz trio, in the theater.
Meals are being planned on-site for expediency and to save you guys time during the day Saturday. Won't cost too much.
We will probably plan some group dinner(s)/receptions during the event, more later. The third floor balcony in the lobby area has a small event-bar area called Windows, which will operate during the evenings for a few hours for further mental recalibration. Great place to argue, too. In a friendly way. One note; I've never done this, I don't really know you guys, and I'm way down the scale in terms of knowledge about this, compared to most of you. But I strongly request that if any animosities exist out there, don't bring them here. Respect the other guys interest in the subject,evenif you think they are flaming idiots, and don't disparage anyone. I'm not lecturing, I just want this to be fun and productive.
Again, I suggest you make reservations now, and let me know if you have problems or suggestions at this point. They are welcome. Looking forward to seeing you all soon. BTW, if anyone has a snazzier name for this thing than Midwest Audiofest, let me know!!!
Mike Baker

Read Message
Previous Topic: Thanks Sam P., .....I think
Next Topic: JBL 4344 type lens for theater 4 pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 21:53:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers