Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Subs for Hedlunds
Subs for Hedlunds [message #34450] Mon, 17 December 2001 10:35 Go to next message
Chris V is currently offline  Chris V
Esquire
Hi
I currently run one central REL Storm with my Hedlunds/AER Mk1s. For the WAF I can't position subs on view with Heds but think dual central subs is the way to go. (Unless you think otherwise:)))
A second (used) Storm would cost about £500 or $700. This is one alternative.
If I spend the £500 on DIY, (without SS amp) the other alternative is to DIY a pair of subs. I have space for a total internal volume of about 70 litres for each sub.
What specific drivers would be best - I haven't got to grips yet with all the calculations you guys make (though am keen to learn) but would obviously want to go as low as possible (20Hz?)
Will the sound quality significantly better twin REL storms.
Where do you get appropriate filters (I like the flexibility of the Storm)
Thanks, and for interest I am in the UK and cannot always get the parts you people talk about
Chris

Re: Subs for Hedlunds [message #34453 is a reply to message #34450] Mon, 17 December 2001 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
What drivers are available to you? I'd love to see you run some JBL 2235's or 2245's, but the box size would be large and the budget might not allow. Then again, there have been a lot of sales lately for these two wonderful devices. Size is an issue too. If you want deep bass, you really must have a large box or sacrifice efficiency.
Re: Subs for Hedlunds [message #34462 is a reply to message #34453] Tue, 18 December 2001 12:17 Go to previous message
Chris V is currently offline  Chris V
Esquire
Hello again
I've started to search around for drivers in the UK. The 2235H is a possibility for me. What would be a typical box volume for this JBL driver?
Cheers Chris
Previous Topic: Beyma Compression Driver with pi 4
Next Topic: JBL 2235
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 15:08:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers