Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Kilomax vs Kappa Pro 15LF - what's the diff in "sound"?
Re: Opinions from Kappa owners requested - how 'bout 2-15"/side Pi? [message #34436 is a reply to message #34429] Sun, 16 December 2001 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
freddyi is currently offline  freddyi
Baron
Hi Adam

thanks for the detailed reply, What are you using on top, a 2370? - I already own 2-cast frame Eminence from MCM a few years ago - just sitting in their boxes - I think they are essentially 2.5" voice-coil Delta Pro - (also Dayton 295-070 - they don't go high - their curvlinear cones are doped and dust cap kinda large...dunno why they were executed that way)

I'll sure have to check into the Kappa 15LFA - one consideration with solid state amps would be to use 2-15LFA/side (or whatever) stacked tight vertically so a horn can be used on top (D'Apollito may be Ok?) - what do you think of 2-15/side with horn on top? - cost wouldn't be much more - should have some serious "punch". Also - pretty much sure woofers with dissimilar fs can work well in one box --tends to flatten the Z curve (ala' VMPS)

btw - what size box and tuning do you suggest for Kappa 15LFA?

Best wishes!
Freddy

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: JBL 2235