Home » Audio » General » tech advice
tech advice [message #344] Sat, 27 March 2004 19:49 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Wayne and all, Beautiful new site, , real tasteful. Nice shirt, cuter than a chinese baby. Cleaning out my VHS tapes and found an old tape of John Lee Hooker playing with Charlie Musslewhite and Bonnie Raitt, I wish I knew how to restore old VHS onto CDR cause this is one great tape, forgot all about it nice surprise. Looks like DCC Vinyl has re-released Easy Rider with some alternate takes, there goes another 20 bucks! If you wanna be a bird! Anybody check out Vanishing Point yet?

Re: tech advice [message #349 is a reply to message #344] Sun, 28 March 2004 23:05 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I think I'd get the best tape player I could find and connect it to my PC's audio inputs. That way you could record the CD yourself. If you don't like the quality, you can always take it to be done by someone else. But if your sound card is good and your tape deck is too, then you'll probably do as well as anyone.

If you're wanting to record video as well, then you'll need an image capture board. Those have come waaaaaay down in price in the last 5 years, so that's a reasonable option as well. Again, if you don't have the stuff to make the transfer, I'm sure you can find someone locally that will do it for you.

Previous Topic: Beautiful "Talking Machine"
Next Topic: Nice job Sheri
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 13:21:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout